On a very simple level, it is a 5 step process:
1. President makes a disaster declaration. Check - he already did this.
2. States apply to the SBA to have COVID-19 recognized as a disaster - this is ongoing (33 states have already been added)
3. If your state is listed, you can
apply for a loan
4. You submit the amount that you expect to not make or be able to pay out for your business as a result of COVID-19, along with documentation to back up your claim.
5. A claims assessor will work with you and, if you qualify, provide the funds you need to help you weather this storm.