inKind is looking for a Sr Front-End Web Developer w/ strong Core HTML/CSS/JS skills, and experience with bootstrap, React.js, and Data Visualization frameworks to help us build out our customer facing websites and web apps. As a Sr Front-End Web Developer at inKind, you are an expert problem solver with a love for code, a maker's mentality, and a desire to build efficient UIs that delight. You stay up to date on new frameworks and tools to speed up development, while keeping a sharp eye out for potential vulnerabilities and edge cases. You'll work on modernizing the existing code base, play a key role in building out new platforms, and (once up to speed) train and mentor new developers. You will work closely with the CTO and Head of Product at our office here in Austin, TX, as well as our distributed team of remote developers.Responsibilities:
- Work closely with backend developers
- Build efficient UIs
- Selecting frameworks
- Templating out wireframes, and customizing control libraries
- Integrating front-end code with back-end view engines
- managing SPA React apps,
- Stay up to date on new frameworks and tools to speed up development
- Monitoring for potential vulnerabilities and edge cases
- Modernizing the existing code base
- Train and mentor new developers
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Equivalent
- 6+ years professional software development experience, preferably touching multiple web stacks.
- Up-to-date expertise w/ core web stack (HTML, CSS including flex box, transitions, and transforms, JS including a variety of libraries).
- You keep up to date on and have dabbled with a variety of js frameworks enough to have formed your own opinions on which you prefer for which kinds of projects.
- Experience consuming 1st and 3rd party APIs.
- You're always looking for ways to work faster & more efficiently, while balancing competing concerns (tech debt, cost, security, complexity, etc).
- Excellent proactive communicator who can work effectively w/ others, both in-person (post-pandemic/vaccination) and remotely.
- You're not afraid to raise concerns, ask questions, and enjoy helping mentor others on the team.
- Keen eye for bugs & security issues, both while writing your own code, or doing code-reviews.
- Takes initiative in finding and fixing bugs before shipping.
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot bugs, no matter where they show up (dev, test, staging, or production).
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Team building and cultural experiences (i.e. offsites, speaker/seminar series, chef-led classes)
- Career development training opportunities
- Office-catered lunches and snacks
$110k-$120k per annum DOE