The ideal candidate is a seasoned veteran with experience growing both small and large start-ups. The VP of Engineering is primarily responsible for managing a diverse distributed technology team, collaborating with project managers, contributing to software architecture and planning, mentoring developers, and improving tech processes and standards. You will set and communicate a clear technical direction to support our business goals, constantly raise standards for engineering excellence, and balance long-term goals with short-term needs.Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Chief Technology Officer, Product Team, and Co-Founders to lead all efforts for product engineering, data architecture, and scaling infrastructure.
- Oversee solutions architecture approaches and mentor the developers to help improve their skills.
- Manage current software engineers and focus on recruiting top talent to scale a team of developers who truly care about making a positive impact on the restaurant industry.
- Help inKind improve current processes, systems design, code quality, and efficiency.
- Perform code reviews, correcting and mentoring the team through blockers.
- Initiate and work through the web and app user experience alongside our CTO and Head of Product.
- Ensure launches are of the highest quality and delivered on time.
- Must be based in Austin
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience.
- 10+ years of professional experience in software development, with at least 8 years in leadership roles (ex: VP of engineering, team lead, lead architect, etc)
- Current experience with multiple modern web development languages
- Experience recruiting, managing, and mentoring global teams
- Experience building and scaling consumer and internal products, designing infrastructure systems, and complex data sets.
- Experience working across teams to understand core needs and define optimal requirements with a bias towards rapid iteration.
- Deep technical knowledge and the ability to suss out root causes of complex technical problems and provide guidance on solving them.
- Bias towards empathizing with the end-user, be they an internal team member, or an external customer.
- Ability to inspire and motivate engineering teams to work together cohesively and collaborate towards our end goal, providing a clear vision of the big picture and how their work impacts others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to concisely document complex technical concepts to both technical audiences, and less technical teams.
- Hands-on experience with AWS, CI-CD Pipelines, and Project Management tools.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, short term disability, child care, and vision plans
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Parking provided
- Team building and cultural experiences (i.e. offsites, speaker/seminar series, chef-led classes)
- Career development training opportunities
- Office-catered lunches and snacks
- Monthly credit to spend at inKind's partner restaurants
$190k-$200k per annum DOE