As Chief Operating Officer (COO) at our company, you will be responsible for overseeing the overall business operations strategy. As a growth-stage company, you will need to consider the importance of managing a quickly growing enterprise, in addition to standard, diverse business operations and functions. Transparently, this will entail devoting extended time to ensuring that teams are working independently and collectively to achieve company goals. As a strongly mission-driven company, it is incumbent upon all leadership to embody inKind's cultural values in communication and in practice. As COO your experience and expertise will set the tone and guide your direct-reports and serve as your greatest asset as you work to drive inKind to new levels of success. Responsibilities
- Provide updates to the C- Suite team
- Ensure the efficiency, quality and service of operations resulting in maximum profitability and growth.
- Develop and implement short, mid and long-term strategic plans to maximize revenues and increase the company's position in the industry.
- Support the interface between operations, CEO, and the Board as directed
- Communicate regularly regarding operations activities and decisions.
- Promote a positive corporate team-oriented culture through team-building and effective management of human and capital resources.
- Foster an environment of continuous performance improvement and development of corporate employees.
- Supervise the Senior Management staff responsible for overseeing revenue generating operations and delegate appropriately in order to maximize productivity.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned by the CEO.
- Design, plan and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Set comprehensive goals for business growth and success
- Establish policies and procedures that promote company culture and vision
- Oversee daily operations and the work of executives
- Lead employees by example
- Be a motivator for other employees
- Analyze and interpret data and metrics
- Take the lead in expansion activities
- Maintain relationships with partners, consultants and external parties as needed
- Bachelors' Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Hospitality or related field required, Masters' Degree in a relevant business preferred
- Prior senior leadership experience with a minimum of 8 years in progressively responsible experience in the hospitality and finance
- Start-up experience required, preferably scaling by doubling a team relatively quickly
- Previous working experience as COO for 10 years or more
- In-depth knowledge of different business functions such as HR, Finance, marketing etc.
- Hands on experience in fundraising, strategic planning and business development
- Good knowledge of data analysis and KPIs
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Great communication and presentation skills
- Solutions focused mindset
- Ability to apply personnel and procedural policies in an unbiased manner
- Demonstrated ability to interact with a diverse population of employees and external contacts
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach, train, develop and motivate employees
- Demonstrated ability to foster a team environment, multi-task efficiently and maintain positive working relationships
- Determined and calm demeanor
inKind is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We believe that diversity is vital to inKind's ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please reach out at email@example.com.
- Medical/Dental coverage plan
- Flexible vacation and remote work policies
- Career development training opportunities
- Office-catered lunches and snacks
- Pet-friendly office spac