inKind is looking for a Sr. Full-Stack Web Developer to help us take our platform to the next level. We've been in bootstrapped startup mode for a while now, but things are taking off and we're rapidly accelerating our growth. We're entering an exciting phase of building new things as we grow and modernize our stack and want you to be a part of it. While we currently use Rails and React Native, we're building more in react, python, and node and are looking for a full stack web developer to play a critical role in designing the architecture of our platform as we scale. It's a blue sky opportunity to do things the "right" way from the ground up, creating a delightful experience for our customers as we help them discover and fall in love with local restaurants we help finance.Responsibilities:
This is a senior level position where you will play a key role in influencing architecture decisions. As a Sr. Full-Stack Web Developer at inKind, you are first and foremost an expert problem solver with a love for code and a maker's mentality. Responsibilities include everything from planning out data models to optimizing complex reporting queries, architecting integrations with numerous 3rd parties, and working with the product team to build intuitive GUIs for our internal/external portals, complete with data visualizations and charts. You stay up to date on new frameworks and tools to speed up development, while keeping a sharp eye out for potential vulnerabilities and edge cases. You'll work on modernizing the existing code base, play a key roll in building out new platforms, and (once up to speed) train and mentor more junior developers. You would work closely with the CTO and Product Team at our office (Post-COVID), as well as our distributed team of developers. Required Skills/Qualifications:
- 5+ years professional software development experience, preferably touching multiple web stacks.
- 2+ years w/ React
- 2+ years w/ Ruby on Rails
- Up-to-date expertise w/ core front-end stack (HTML, CSS, JS, SASS).
- Solid foundation of Object Oriented programming paradigms.
- Deep understanding of SQL, including joins, views, stored procs, recursive queries, functions, indexing, and performance optimization.
- Experience writing good tests, especially for complex flows.
- Experience designing & architecting full-stack solutions from scratch.
- Experience with both sides of API development (designing API endpoints for 3rd parties, and consuming 3rd party API endpoints in a variety of formats).
- You're always looking for ways to work faster & more efficiently, while balancing competing concerns (tech debt, cost, security, complexity, etc).
- Excellent proactive communicator who can work effectively w/ others, both in-person (post-pandemic/vaccination) and remotely.
- You're not afraid to raise concerns, ask questions, and enjoy helping mentor others on the team.
- Keen eye for bugs, doing code-reviews.
- Keen eye for security issues & app hardening.
- Takes initiative in finding and fixing bugs before shipping.
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot bugs, no matter where they show up (dev, test, staging, or production).
While not required, any/all of the following qualifications and skills would be a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Equivalent
- DevOps expertise w/ certifications in Kubernetes & AWS
- SMS integrations
- Mobile push notifications
- Python & Django
- React Native